Guidance and Counseling
If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911.
KISD Wellness HotlineIf you or your child are having a mental health emergency please dial 911 or go to your local emergency room. If you are not in immediate danger but want to speak with someone you can reach the National Suicide and Crisis Lifeline at 988. If this is not an emergency and you would like to talk with a KISD Professional School Counselor, please call the KISD Wellness Hotline at 254-336-HELP (4357).
Killeen ISD is committed to the overall well-being of our students, staff, and families. The district provides various resources to promote Social-Emotional Learning, Mental Health Awareness, and Self-Care Awareness. KISD has a KISD Self-Care Committee to provide resources for staff. You will find resources available for students, staff, and parents by clicking on the buttons below.
Click the three buttons below to access helpful mental wellness resources for students, parents & staff.
KISD School Counseling Mission Statement
The mission of the Killeen Independent School District Counseling Program is to advocate, support, collaborate and build relationships to empower all students to acquire academic, career, personal, and social competencies to make every student future-ready.
Beliefs and Philosophy Statement
The counselors in Killeen Independent School District believe:
- All students have dignity and worth.
- All students have the right to participate in the school counseling program.
- All students need to develop knowledge, skills, and a positive attitude in order to improve attendance, behavior, and academic achievement.
- All students have the right to develop their abilities to become lifelong learners, reach career goals, and become productive citizens.
- All students’ ethnic, cultural, racial, gender identity, and accommodations are considered in planning and implementing the school counseling program.
- All students have the right to participate in the school counseling program which focuses on prevention, intervention, and student developmental needs.
All counselors in the Killeen Independent School District shall abide by the American School Counseling Association, Texas Counseling Association, and KISD ethical guidelines.