Guidance and Counseling
KISD School Counseling Mission Statement
The mission of the Killeen Independent School District Counseling Program is to advocate, support, collaborate and build relationships to empower all students to acquire academic, career, personal, and social competencies to make every student future-ready.
Beliefs and Philosophy Statement
The counselors in Killeen Independent School District believe:
- All students have dignity and worth.
- All students have the right to participate in the school counseling program.
- All students need to develop knowledge, skills, and a positive attitude in order to improve attendance, behavior, and academic achievement.
- All students have the right to develop their abilities to become life-long learners, to reach career goals, and to become productive citizens.
- All students’ ethnic, cultural, racial, gender identity, and accommodations are considered in planning and implementing the school counseling program.
- All students have the right to participate in the school counseling program which focuses on prevention, intervention, and student developmental needs.
All counselors in the Killeen Independent School District shall abide by the American School Counseling Association, Texas Counseling Association, and KISD ethical guidelines.