Superintendent's Advisory Council
The SAC consists of approximately 50 students from Killeen ISD high school campuses. Membership is made up of eight to ten junior and/or senior level students from each of the four comprehensive high schools, the Early College High School, and the KISD Career Center. A designated staff member at each school serves as the group sponsor. Members of the Superintendent Advisory Council meet six times per school year and provide insight to the District Leadership Team from the student perspective.
Diversity, Equity, and Justice
- Promote a positive school environment as it relates to individual needs of diverse populations
- Address barriers to success in middle school and high school
Academic Programs, Student Achievement, and College, Career, and/or Military Readiness
- Increase awareness of opportunities within the district leading to college, career, and/or military readiness
- Support the District’s initiative to develop lifelong learners through positive, collaborative relationships and meaningful communication
- Support the District’s initiative to develop learners who work individually and collaboratively in problem solving, employing critical thinking skills and creativity in finding solutions to real life situations
- Create awareness and discussion opportunities regarding social media issues
- Create awareness and discussion opportunities regarding campus safety concerns, including on and off campus anti-bullying and anti-violence awareness
Student Social, Emotional, and Behavioral Wellness
- Support the District’s initiative to provide support for students’ emotional, mental, and behavioral health
- Increase awareness and promote responsible technology use
- The Superintendent Advisory Council serves as an advisory role to the Superintendent, the Deputy Superintendent, the Assistant Superintendents, and the Executive Director for Secondary Campuses.
- The Superintendent or designee coordinates the functions of the Superintendent Advisory Council.
- The Superintendent Advisory Council meets six times per school year during lunch.
- The Superintendent Advisory Council meetings are held at the high school campuses and at one of the administrative offices within the district.