STEM HIGH SCHOOL
To develop a vision of future academic and career possibilities and enable students to translate those visions into the realities of college graduation, informed citizenship, and international leadership.
Through a technology enriched curriculum designed to activate analytical, critical, and inventive thinking, Killeen ISD STEM Academy will prepare students to thrive in a highly complex 21st century society by providing project based learning opportunities that engage, excite, and empower students to be self-motivated, adept, lifelong learners.
- Provide students increased opportunities to earn post-secondary course credit prior to high school graduation.
- Increase student awareness and capacity for future success in college STEM courses and the STEM workplace.
- Expand course offerings in the STEM program to all KISD high schools.
- Provide students opportunities for challenging coursework.
- Support the philosophy of HB5 by providing choice and flexibility.
Students in Killeen ISD STEM CTE Robotics will learn to program FANUC robots and earn FANUC Certified Education Robotic Training (CERT) credentials.