Let's Walkthrough Together!
You can share your ungraded discussion with other courses. This feature is located in Options when creating a discussion.Note: You cannot opt to mark a discussion as a shared discussion after you have created it. The Shared Discussion icon only appears when you are creating a new discussion.
To create a Shared Discussion:
Note: Do not Enable Grading. Graded discussions cannot be shared.
- Click Add Materials.
- Select Add Discussion.
- Enter a title and a description or instructions.
- Select Shared Discussion in Options.
- Select a section you administer to share the discussion. You can also password protect your shared discussion (optional).
- Click Save.
Sharing the discussion will give the discussion a Share ID that other instructors can use to join their classes into the same discussion.
- Click Share with your courses to add additional sections you administer to the discussion.
- Copy the Share ID number and distribute it to other instructors if you would like to share the discussion with other courses taught by others.
Limitations of Shared Discussions:
- If you do not see the option to share the discussion under Advanced, it is likely that Grading is enabled. Graded discussions cannot be shared with other courses.
- You cannot share discussions after they have been created.
- Shared discussions are not available across linked sections.
- The Share ID does not appear unless the discussion is already shared with another course you administer.