Cultivating Life Long Learners
Welcome to Early College High School Library!
Our goal is to enhance and promote student learning and support teaching curriculum and instruction. To ensure the optimum use of all library materials and the preservation of both materials and equipment, please follow the guidelines listed below.
- Your campus ID card is required for library materials.
- The librarian is available to the staff for instructional and curriculum support and to assist with the materials housed in the library.
- To schedule classes for book check-out and/or research, please contact Mrs. Worth so she can put you on the calendar. Library times need to be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
- Students may visit the library during class time with a pass. The pass must indicate the purpose of the visit (check out books, research, print, work on…) plus how long they are permitted to stay. The maximum number of students allowed to visit the library from an individual class is 4.
- Students with lost/damaged book fines may not check out books until books are returned and fines paid.
- The library does have one printer for student use.
- There are no computers available for students to use in the library.
- Students may print before school, during lunch, or with a pass from their teacher.
- Students sent during class should be ready to print. To ensure students are not missing instructional time, students will be sent back to class if printing takes an extended amount of time.
"Our great function is to inform or to inspire, or to please; to give to the public in the quickest and cheapest way information, inspiration, and recreation on the highest plane. If a better way than the books is found we should use it." - Melvil Dewey
Check out your ECHS Library Schoology Course to see what's happening in the library!!
Not enrolled in the course? Stop by the library for the course code.
by Viviana Mazza Year Published: 2018 Realistic Fiction
"A new pair of shoes, a university degree, a husband--these are the things that a girl dreams of in a Nigerian village. And with a government scholarship right around the corner, everyone can see that these dreams aren't too far out of reach. But the girl's dreams turn to nightmares when her village is attacked by Boko Haram, a terrorist group, in the middle of the night. Kidnapped, she is taken with other girls and women into the forest where she is forced to follow her captors' radical beliefs and watch as her best friend slowly accepts everything she's been told. Still, the girl defends her existence. As impossible as escape may seem, her life--her future--is hers to fight for"--Provided by publisher.
by Siobhan Vivian Year Published: 2016
With their town sliding underwater and everyone being ordered to leave, Keeley and her friends gather to make the most of every minute they have left together, prompting Keeley to take a final chance at winning over a longtime crush.
by Danielle Paige Year Published: 2015
Whisked to Oz by another Kansas twister, Amy Gumm discovers that the magical land has been systematically destroyed by Dorothy's tyrannical rule, a situation that compels Amy to join the Revolutionary Order of deposed magic-wielders who want to put an end to Dorothy's oppressive reign.
by Lamar Giles Year Published: 2019 Mystery
When DJ ParSec (Paris Secord), rising star of the local music scene, is found dead over her turntables, the two girls who found her, Kya (her pre-fame best friend) and Fuse (her current chief groupie) are torn between grief for Paris and hatred for each other--but when the lack of obvious suspects stalls the investigation, and the police seem to lose interest, despite pressure from social media and ParSec's loyal fans, the two girls unite, determined to find out who murdered their friend.