To view Killeen ISD Credit-by-Exam Results from last year, click here.
Students in grades K-12 may take exams for credit recovery or acceleration. The exams are purchased from the University of Texas, Texas Tech University and/or AVANT through Killeen ISD and are aligned to the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS).
Grades 3-12: At Home, Online Proctored Exams
Until further notice, all exams for students in grades 3-12 will be offered online only. The University of Texas and Texas Tech University offer online proctoring of these exams using the Proctorio service, a remote proctoring tool that allows students to take exams using their own personal computers while maintaining the academic integrity of the online exams. Students will use their own personal computer to take the exam(s) at home.
Proctorio includes an identification process, requires a webcam for video recording, locks down an examinee’s web browser, and disables printing to ensure a secure testing experience.
Proctorio does not employ the use of biometrics or external human proctors to monitor the student while taking the exam. Proctorio will record the student’s identity via webcam and monitor his/her exam attempt in various ways. A multitude of privacy provisions have been established to ensure student privacy and FERPA compliance.
- Proctorio does not access any content on students' computers. It has no file access of any kind and cannot access any examinee’s personal files or documents.
- The Chrome browser extension that students must install only runs when a Proctorio exam is running, and once the exam ends, the tool immediately stops. The extension is a small program that does not modify the student’s computer; it only modifies the Chrome browser.
- During an exam, Proctorio may take screenshots of the examinee’s desktop, detect the number of computer monitors connected to the examinee’s computer, or record the examinee’s web traffic. The information is stored with zero‐knowledge encryption, which means the data is encrypted both in transit and at rest.
- Proctorio nor any of its affiliates have access to view exam recordings. They are only accessible to authorized users at UT or TT, respectively.
- Proctorio never stores academic information from any of its users.
- Proctorio adheres to all student privacy rights in accordance with FERPA law. Additionally, there are no human proctors who monitor students while they are taking an exam.
Proctorio uses the Google Chrome web browser and the Proctorio extension for Chrome to communicate with a student’s computer only during an exam. Proctorio becomes active when the student logs in to the exam. During the exam, a system of computers captures the examinee’s movements and sends his/her video and other data to authorized users at UT or TT for review. Proctorio will flag activity that might not be allowed. An authorized person from UT or TT will then be able to review the video and data to decide if any action is necessary.
What Does A Student Need To Take An Exam?
- A quiet and distraction-free area in which he/she feels comfortable enough to be seated for the entire duration of the exam (up to 3 hours).
- A computer (Windows/Mac computer or laptop) with a working webcam and microphone. Exams cannot be taken from mobile devices (e.g., iPhone, iPad, Android device, etc.).
- Google Chrome web browser and the Proctorio extension for Google Chrome
- Reliable internet connection
- Photo ID
- Be ready for room scans. Proctorio will ask the student to do a room scan; turning the web camera in a 360 degree pan to look at the room. Proctorio may ask more than once if the program hears noises (the application is trying to ensure there is nobody else in the room).
Proctorio provides a full setup guide for students with videos and has pre‐exam activities to familiarize students with exams and tools.
Grades K-2: Test at Killeen ISD site
Students taking credit by examination for K-2 subjects will need to make arrangements to take the exams on-site in Killeen ISD. Online proctoring is not available for K-2 subjects because the exams may allow oral administration by the proctor. Once there are changes to stay-at-home restrictions, Killeen ISD personnel will administer CBEs for students in grades K-2.