Supporting Employee Success
Killeen ISD offers a full range of medical benefits to help ensure that you and your family are well-supported. We enhance our competitive pay with affordable and convenient benefits to make sure every dollar in your paycheck can be well-spent. Our Benefits Department and on-site health insurance representative have information to help create a package that meets your needs, as well as answer questions about how to maximize the benefits you select.
BenefitsPlease click the links below to access member portals:
- Cafeteria Plan Administration
- Health Insurance: United Health Care
- Dental Insurance: United Concordia
- Vision Insurance: Avesis
- Long Term Disability: Mutual of Omaha
- Short Term Disability: Mutual of Omaha
- Term Life Insurance: Mutual of Omaha
- Flexible Spending Accounts: WEX
- Dependent Day Care Accounts: WEX
- 403(b) Plan Administration: David K Young
- 457 ElitePlus
- Optum Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
Who To Contact - Email ListFor all questions about employee benefits, and to help us respond to you as quickly as possible, please email:
Open Enrollment Information
It's time to select YOUR benefits for 2024! Open enrollment for the 2024 calendar year opened October 1 through the Employee Service Center. Even if you do not elect a KISD plan there are plenty of great benefits available to you and your family. Please check your inbox for our KISD Open Enrollment email for more information.
The deadline to select benefits is Tuesday, October 31, 2023.
Walk in assistance is available daily from 2:30-5:00 in the Auxiliary HR Training Room (Portable #1). Every Tuesday (except 10/24) there will be a representative from BCBS available to answer plan questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I contact my carrier?
How do I use my Flexible Spending Account (FSA)?
When do my benefits begin?
When am I able to make changes to my benefits?
What is considered a “Qualifying Event”?