The following departments are a part of Business Services:
- Accounting handles activity funds, parent booster clubs, and the annual financial audit.
- Accounts Payable pays all non-payroll expenses for the district.
- Budgetary Services plans the district budget and manages district grant finances.
- Distribution Center (Warehouse) receives all items purchased on purchase orders for the district.
- Financial Reporting prepares district financial statements and helps with audits.
- Financial Services handles the district's investments and bank accounts.
- Payroll handles all payroll-related expenses, questions, and actions.
- Print Shop prints items for the district.
- Property Management handles transcript requests as well as fixed assets and textbooks.
- Purchasing processes all purchase orders and handles all bids and vendors.
- Treasury handles sales of football tickets, deposits of cash, and distribution of vendor checks.
In addition to assisting the above, Business Services works directly with Impact Aid, Schools FIRST, the Bell County Appraisal District, cost-saving measures for KISD, the KISD Strategic Building Plan, KISD Comparables, and other financial analyses requested.