The Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) is a data collection system developed by the Texas Education Agency (TEA) to submit district data to the state on a scheduled basis. We report data on students, staff and finance. PEIMS submissions occur four times a year.
- Communicating the rules for data collection and documentation as published in the Student Attendance Accounting Handbook and PEIMS/TSDS Data Standards.
- Providing training to campus and district staff via monthly workshops or on an individual basis (as needed).
- Monitoring data entry processes and documentation requirements related to PEIMS-reportable information and other district procedures.
- Assisting campuses and departments with internal editing of student data, such as Certify.
- Processing applications for access to TEA resources, such as TEAL/TEASE, Edit+ and TREx.
- Submitting PEIMS data and weekly PET data.
- Providing daily support to campus and district staff.