Become A Substitute Teacher
Thank you for your interest in substitute employment with Killeen Independent School District. Substituting is an important educational component in our schools and we appreciate your efforts in helping to facilitate the learning process. Our online application system allows applicants to submit and update application information electronically from any computer with internet access. Interested individuals are encouraged to complete an application online.
Qualifications to be a substitute teacher in KISD:
1. Complete the online application including work references. Apply Here
*Please note, in the application the section that asks for licenses refers to your Driver's License.
2. Official College/University transcripts must be sent electronically from the university to
3. Complete and turn in the substitute packet.
4. Social Security card and state I. D. are required for name verification.
5. You will be contacted for fingerprinting when your substitute packet has been turned in complete.
6. You will receive a "Welcome" email with login instructions to choose assignments.
7. Read and re-read as necessary the Substitute Handbook!
We appreciate your interest in becoming part of the Killeen Independent School District Substitutes.
For more information concerning Substitute opportunities, contact the help desk at (254) 336-0112 or 0113.
Substitute Center FAQ's
When is pay day?
Can I email my transcripts directly to the Substitute Center?
Can I be a substitute at my child’s campus?
If I want to become an aide or a teacher, can I just transfer?