- During the school year, district approved volunteers referred by their Volunteer Coordinator, may make things for teachers at the Teacher Media Center.
- Each volunteer needs to attend an orientation class BEFORE working in the center. Please contact your campus volunteer coordinator letting them know you'd like to volunteer at the teacher media center and we'll schedule an orientation.
- Please remember to be professional at all times when using the Media Center. Even though you are volunteering, you are representing the school and the teachers. We ask that you come during school hours and leave the evening and Saturday hours for the teachers, as that is the only time they can come. Please refrain from gossip and personal information that should not be shared.
- Tag board, construction paper, lamination, and other supplies are available for use. Unused pieces may not be taken out of the Teacher Media Center. Please fill out a usage sheet each time you are here to show how much the Teacher Media Center is needed and used through the year. Please indicate on the survey how many teachers/administrators you serviced that day.
- When using the letter presses, if you want your die cut to be laminated, laminate the whole sheet of paper before cutting. Cut paper into strips appropriate to the size of the die you are cutting. Use no more than two layers of paper at any one time or you will ruin the die. Slide paper and die, RUBBER SIDE DOWN, into machine. Make sure die is inserted completely.
- Pull down the handle ONCE ONLY. If the press doesn’t cut on the FIRST TIME DOWN, it won’t cut any better by bringing the handle down again and again. Tell media center staff if press is not cutting and we will assist you in getting a good cut.
- Each letter press costs $400.00. The dies cost from $25.00 to $350.00 each. Please be responsible when using them and be sure to put away these expensive dies so that they are not lost when you are finished.
Volunteers are not allowed to bring children with them.