Transfer Request Information

  • Killeen Independent School District (KISD) continues its journey to achieve excellence in all areas. The district is steadfastly focused on ensuring each child's academic success. We realize that there are factors which may create the need for a student to attend a school outside of the residential attendance zone. 

    A brief explanation of these transfers approved by the KISD Board of Trustees is described below. 

    1. Child Care/ Supervision transfers are available for children in Pre-K through 6th grade on a space available basis. This transfer may be requested if a family member, other private individual, or childcare center is to care for and supervise the child before/after school each day. Such a transfer may be granted to a school which is located in the attendance zone that contains the child care provider.

    2. Senior Option transfers are available to high school senior students whose circumstances may have changed due to a change in residence or other factor. These students may apply to remain at the campus where they completed their junior year. 

    3. Military Post transfers are available to all military personnel and federally connected personnel wo work on Fort Cavazos. Pre-K through 8th grade transfers are available for students who reside off post to transfer to any school located within Fort Cavazos on a space available basis. 

    4. Special Consideration transfers may be requested for extenuating circumstances or hardships. The Executive Director for Student Services grants/denies extenuating circumstances transfers. 

    5. Out of District transfers may be requested for students residing out side of the Killeen Independent School District attendance zone. The Executive Director for Student Services approves/disapproves Out of District Transfers. 

    All of the above transfers are subject to students being in good standing for attendance and discipline. Additionally, all of these transfers are subject to space availability and are valid for the current school year only. Transportation of students who are attending a campus on an approved transfer is the responsibility of the parent or guardian. Parents should be mindful that a transfer may have implications for UIL eligibility at the high school level. 

Grandfathering Request

  • If students are reassigned to a different campus due to changes in the attendance zone boundaries, they may have the option to continue attending their current campus.

    The eligibility for this exception is determined by criteria established by the District. To initiate this transfer, students or their guradian must submit a grandfathering request before the annual deadline set by the administration.

    If approved, the grandfathering exception takes effect in the subsequent school year, allowing students to remain at their current campus despite the boundary change. 

  • For 2024-25 School Year:
    Transfer requests are submitted as part of the online enrollment process and must be completed within 10 days of student registration. 
    Please ensure your application is submitted before the deadline for consideration.