If this is not an emergency and you would like to talk with a KISD Professional School Counselor, please call the KISD Wellness Hotline at 254-336-HELP (4357).
This website seeks to assist students and parents with resources for supporting mental wellness. Maintaining mental wellness and healthy social relationships are directly correlated with Social-Emotional Learning. Social-Emotional Learning provides learning that promotes characteristics for developing strong intrapersonal and interpersonal skills. These skills include Self-Regulation, Conflict Resolution, and Coping Strategies. The activities and information provided are to enhance Social Emotional Learning and increase Mental Health Awareness.
Activities for 5th-12th Grade
- Kittens: https://unsplash.com/photos/vmFEBIEz0hQ Ilse Orsel, @lgtts
- Lion: https://unsplash.com/photos/ZxNKxnR32Ng Francesco De Tommaso, @detpho
- Penguins: https://unsplash.com/photos/4CVMWrWh3xU Mertin Wettstein, @ncx1701d
- Rainforest: https://unsplash.com/photos/_qZ0us4az20 Mandy Choi, @mandddysweettt
- Puppies: https://unsplash.com/photos/VDrErQEF9e4 Jametlen Reskp, @reskp
- Beluga Whale: https://unsplash.com/photos/kvTQEU3OuzA Saanvi Vavila
- Brain: https://www.weareteachers.com/brain-breaks/